Thursday, August 21, 2008

Law of Gender and Gestation

The Law of Gender states that in all of creation there is male and female in every kind. For life to continue, there must be one to plant the seed, and one to grow and nourish the seed.

We plant idea seeds in our minds all the time. The secret is to plant good ideas. Prepare your mind to receive good ideas by putting good things into it first. You can begin this process by first taking out the bad. I started doing this with TV programs, taking out the ones that I don't feel are good for me at all, including the news. I still have some weeding out to do, but I'm off to a great start!

The books I like to read are also changing. I love reading and I read anything I can get my hands on. I enjoy reading uplifting books and I still enjoy a good novel here and there.

I listen to uplifting CD's when I'm in my car. There are so many good things to listen to that I never run out of choices. When I find a "meaty" CD, I'll listen to it over and over so I can digest all the great information on it.

The Law of Gestation states that every seed has an incubation period. The best analogy I've heard for this also comes from Leslie Householder. When a woman is pregnant, she knows that it is only for a certain period of time and then she will have a baby. If she goes past her due date, she doesn't panic and think the baby will never come. Instead, she gets more excited since she knows each passing day brings her even closer to having the baby.

The same is true of our goals. Don't panic and think all is lost if something doesn't happen right away or on your timetable. Again, I'm going to refer to Leslie Householder's book "Hidden Treasures: Heaven's Astonishing Help With Your Money Matters." On pages 145-146, she gives two ideas to help you receive your goal faster: "We can increase the intensity of our seeking. We can pray more fervently. We can fast (for example, try skipping food and water for two meals, replacing eating with meditation). We can focus our efforts. Like sunlight and a magnifying glass, our focused thoughts can be dramatically effective.

We can increase our faith through study, and obedience. All of these things help us draw on the powers of heaven to our benefit. They put us in a vibration that is in closer harmony to God, and it is within reason to believe that the closer we are to the Source of all blessings, the more blessed we will be."

No comments: