Monday, September 15, 2008

The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 3

There are a couple of short quotes I really like in this chapter.

The first one is the first paragraph: "No man is kept poor because opportunity has been taken away from him; because other people have monopolized the wealth, and have put a fence around it. You may be shut off from engaging in business in certain lines, but there are other channels open to you."

He goes on to talk about how the railways are monopolized, so you might want to look into aerial transportation. The book seems a little outdated here, but the principles aren't. In fact, today, there are so many more opportunities available that weren't an option back then. The internet alone has opened up an exciting, new world!

Your first focus should be on developing yourself. This takes time and commitment. I've done it and I haven't. My life is so much better when I take the time to do something to improve my life daily. It may be books I read, a DVD I watch, ezines, newsletters, blogs, etc. There is so much to choose from!

The second quote I like from this chapter is: "There is abundance of opportunity for the man who will go with the tide, instead of trying to swim against it." The tide is to recognize your unique contribution and go with it. Figure out your purpose in life and work towards it. If you don't know what your life purpose is and want help with figuring it out, I highly recommend working with my life purpose coach at www.coachalisa.com.

There are some other great gems in this chapter and I highly recommend reading it and finding them yourself.

No comments: