Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 4

I love so much in this chapter that it's hard to choose, so I'll share a couple of quotes that go together.

The first quote I love is: "Man is a thinking center, and can originate thought. All the forms that man fashions with his hands, must first exist in his thought; he cannot shape a thing until he has thought that thing."

So, EVERYTHING we see was first a thought. Look around you. Your computer, couch, table, decorations, piano, games, the list could go on and on. Someone thought a couch would be nice to sit on and created it. Cool! I'm grateful for that because I love my couch.

Have you ever thought of something and said, "It would sure be nice if someone would invent that." You may find out that it already exists. I love looking through catalogs. The other day I saw a strainer that you can put over the top of a can. I think it's handy, but I'm fine with the way I strain liquid out of a can, so I'm not planning to buy one. That was something I had never thought of, but when I saw it, I realized that there must have been a need for that. Again, the list here could go on and on.

The other great thing about this quote is that it says that we are creators. We think about what we want to create first. The world was even created spiritually first before it was created physically. We have a great pattern to follow. We can't shape anything until we first think about it. Makes sense, right?

Wallace Wattles also gives three fundamental statements to read, memorize and meditate on and they are as follows:

"There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought, in this substance, Produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

Ponder these statements as you read Chapter 4 and see what you can come up with. Remember that we are creators and can do amazing things!

No comments: