Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 6

"If you fix upon your consciousness the fact that the desire you feel for the possession of riches is one with the desire of Omnipotence for more complete expression, your faith becomes invincible.

...

All that there is of possibility is seeking expression through men. God wants those who can play music to have pianos and every other instrument, and to have the means to cultivate their talents to the fullest extent; He wants those who can appreciate beauty to be able to surround themselves with beautiful things; He wants those who can discern truth to have every opportunity to travel and observe; He wants those who can appreciate dress to be beautifully clothed, and those who can appreciate good food to be luxuriously fed.

He wants all these things because it is Himself that enjoys and appreciates them; it is God who wants to play, and sing, and enjoy beauty, and proclaim truth and wear fine clothes, and eat good foods. "It is God that worketh in you to will and to do," said Paul."

What are you looking to express in your life? Music? Art? Fashion? I love this passage as it inspires me to pursue and cultivate my talents.

I am musically inclined and I could be so much better than I am. I enjoy playing the piano and organ and singing and I haven't been doing much with those talents lately. I do find that when I practice, even if it's just a little bit, I get pretty good. When I slack off, however, I lose my gifts quickly.

Maybe you have an eye for art or fashion or can cook amazing food. I'm not much of a cook, so I am in awe of people who can make delicious food or eat delicious food and name all the ingredients in it!

Here's a question for you to ponder: What is the possibility seeking express through you, RIGHT NOW?

No comments: